Our SIM Only service is available to all existing TalkTalk customers providing you with all the calls, text and data allowance you need. It's easy to sign up online and you can also keep your existing mobile number.
You'll see our exciting SIM only plans below. To view the great value monthly charges and for any promotional offers, please visit our website.
New from 7th May 2014
- Our SIMs come as Standard, Micro and Nano so you can match them with any smartphone
- You can keep your number - nice and easy
- Enjoy free voicemail and calls to customer services
- You can also make free calls to TalkTalk Mobiles and SIMs in your houshold and to your TalkTalk home phone
Here are some of the most common questions about our SIM Only mobile plans.
What were the SIM Only plans prior to 7th May 2014?
||SIM only plans prior to 6th May 2014
|UK calls to landlines and mobiles (minutes)
|UK text messages
|Data usage within the UK
Double your data allowance is only available when ordering online
If you're on one of the older TalkTalk SIM Only plans and would like to change to a new one, just give us a call on 0870 087 8751 or 2883 from your TalkTalk mobile and we'll arrange it for you.
You'll carry on with your existing inclusive bundles until the end of your current billing period, and then you'll switch to the new plan with the new inclusive bundles. When you change plan we'll let you know exactly when that switch will happen.
Do I have to be a TalkTalk customer to sign up to the SIM Only plans?
Our range of leading mobile phones and great value SIM only plans are exclusively for TalkTalk customers.
Not a TalkTalk Phone, Broadband or TV customer? Sign up online today.
How much are the charges outside my allowence bundles?
Most UK mobile and UK landline numbers are included in your monthly allowance. However there are some numbers and services that are chargeable. You'll find a list of the out of bundle charges clearly explained in our Mobile Pricing
Don't forget calls to Customer Services, voicemail, your TalkTalk landline and any other TalkTalk SIM registered to your account don't use up minutes included with your allowance.
Can I keep my mobile number?
Of course you can!
Your TalkTalk mobile SIM card needs to be active before you can transfer your existing number. So once you receive your SIM card just activate your service by calling 2883 from your mobile. Make sure you have both your Bank Account details and the new TalkTalk mobile number handy (this is for security reasons). Our secure automated activation process will ask you to enter the last 4 digits of your Direct Debit account number. This is the bank account you are using to pay your monthly TalkTalk Mobile bills.
Then, request the transfer yourself online through My Account. You'll need your PAC, your current TalkTalk mobile number and the number you wish to transfer. You'll be able to choose a preferred transfer date (Monday to Friday) and your number will transfer on that day. We’ll do the rest and keep you up to date throughout the transfer with text alerts.
For further details on porting your number see Port my number.
What phones can I use a TalkTalk SIM in?
Almost all mobile phones that work in the UK will work with a TalkTalk SIM card. However, there are a couple of things to be aware of.
- Some networks 'lock' the handsets they sell so they can only be used on their network. If you give your old network a call though, they'll unlock it for you. In some cases that might mean paying a small fee.
- If you're on a SIM only plan, your BlackBerry will work perfectly fine for all basic calls and texts. If you require BlackBerry services such as BBM, Internet and e-mail, then you will require the Blackberry Boost if you are using a BlackBerry OS7. This also includes an additional 100MB of data!
We offer three different types of SIM card:
Standard SIM - This is the regular SIM that you will have been using in your mobile phone for many years. Most older model handsets use the Standard SIM. They measure 25mm by 15mm
Micro SIM - Micro SIMS are now used in most of the latest smartphones. They measure 15mm by 12mm
Nano SIM - Currently Nano SIMS are only used in a small range of phones. They measure 12.3mm by 8.8mm
For more information please see What kind of SIM do I need?
What if I change my mind?
We're sure you'll love your new SIM only plan, but if you do change your mind within the first 7 working days you can cancel without any fuss. Beyond 7 days there may be additional fees to pay if you want to cancel.
If your needs change part way through your contract, you have three options:
- If you just need to change the amount of inclusive calls, texts and data you get, you can switch to one of our other SIM Only plans at any time.
- If you need a new phone, you can move to one of our handset plans and receive a great new phone on a new contract.
- If you'd prefer to cancel your SIM altogether, then you can do so by agreeing to pay the charges equivalent to your remaining contract period in one go on your next bill.
Just give us a call on 0870 087 8751 or 2883 from your TalkTalk mobile to discuss your options.
What happens if I'm not at home for the SIM card delivery?
Don't worry if you are not at home. Our packaging isn't too large so will fit through most letter boxes. If for some reason it doesn't fit through your letter box, Royal Mail will leave a note with instructions on how to collect the package from your local Sorting Office.
How do I know how many free minutes, texts and data I have left?