You can set up Microsoft Outlook to send and receive email from your TalkTalk email account. To set up your TalkTalk email in Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2002, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Outlook, select the Tools menu at the top of the screen and then select E-mail Accounts.
- Select Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
- Select IMAP and click Next again.
- Enter your name as you would like people to see it when you send them email in the Display Name box and click Next.
- Enter your TalkTalk email address in the E-mail Address box.
- In the Incoming mail server (IMAP) box, type mail.talktalk.net. Please do not include any spaces and ensure you type this address exactly as it appears on this page.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.talktalk.net. Please do not include any spaces and ensure you type this address exactly as it appears on this page.
- In the email user name box, type your In the E-mail User Name box, type your full TalkTalk email address in lowercase.
Note: This is the same email address that you entered in step 5 above.
- Type your password in the Password box, ensuring that it is case-sensitive. This is your email password that you created when you set up your email address.
- If you want Outlook to remember your password, so you don't have to enter it every time you check your email, tick the Remember password box.
- Click Next and then click Finish to complete the setup.
Your email application is now set up to send and receive emails.