We're sorry, your web browser is not compatible with our siteSome areas of the site may not look quite right, and other areas may not function as expected.
With Ringback you no longer need to keep trying a number when it’s engaged. Instead, you’ll get a call to tell you when the person you’re trying to call is free and you’ll be connected automatically.
Ringback is part of TalkTalk’s Calling Features boost and can be activated from My Account. To do this:
1. Log in to My Account
2. Click Phone & broadband in the menu on the left
3. Select Manage services
4. Tick Calling Features Boost in the Calling features section
5. Click Update
Once activated from your account, you can setup a Ringback alert using your touch tone phone. To do this:
1. When you hear an engaged tone dial
2. Hang up the phone
3. When number you were trying to reach is no longer busy, your phone will ring using a special ring tone
4. When you pick up you’ll be automatically connected to the person you were trying to call
When set, this feature will keep trying for a free line for 45 minutes. You can check that your Ringback request is still on by dialling
To cancel a Ringback, simply dial before you receive your Ringback call.
If you are a Plus TV customer, then the Calling Features boost (which includes Ringback) is free. If you’re not a Plus TV customer, then it’ll cost a little. £4.10 will be added to your bill each month.
Follow the steps you used to activate this feature in My Account, only this time remove the tick next to Calling Features Boost and click Update to confirm.