To set up your TalkTalk email in Microsoft Outlook Express, please take the following steps:
- Click Start, select Programs or All Programs and then select Outlook Express.
- Select the Tools menu at the top of the screen and then select Accounts.
- Click the Add button and then click Mail.
- Enter the name that you want to be displayed in the From field of email you send in the Display name box and click Next.
- Enter your TalkTalk email address and click Next again.
Note: Your TalkTalk email address ends with @talktalk.net, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you don't enter any spaces and that the email address is exactly as you created it.
- Select IMAP from the incoming mail server drop-down list.
- Type mail.talktalk.net into the Incoming mail (IMAP) server box. If you are prompted for a port use Incoming Port 143.
- Type smtp.talktalk.net into the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box and then click Next. If you are prompted for a port use Outgoing Port 587.
- Enter your TalkTalk email address into the Account name box and enter your password into the Password box. Then click Next.
Note: This is the same email address that you entered in step 5 above. Please ensure that you don't enter any spaces and that the email address is exactly as you created it. The password is the email password that you created when you set up your TalkTalk email account.
- Click Finish and then click Close.
Outlook Express is now set up to send, receive and manage your TalkTalk emails.