To set up your TalkTalk email account in Windows Live Mail, follow these steps:
- Click the Start globe in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen, and then select All Programs and Windows Live.
- Select Windows Live Mail.
- If you have previously used Windows Live Mail click Add e-mail account. If this is your first time using Windows Live Mail, you can go straight to step 4
- Enter your TalkTalk email address into the E-Mail address box.
- Enter the password for your TalkTalk email account into the Password box and tick the Remember password box.
- Enter a name into the Display Name box.
Note: This is the name that the recipient will see when you send them an email.
- Tick the Manually configure server settings for e-mail account box and click Next.
- Set the Incoming mail server type to IMAP using the drop-down list. Make sure the Incoming server port is set to 143.
- Type mail.talktalk.net into the Incoming server box.
- Enter your TalkTalk email address into the Login ID box.
Note: This is the same email address that you entered in step 3 above. Please ensure that you don't enter any spaces and that the email address is exactly as you created it.
- Type smtp.talktalk.net into the Outgoing server (SMTP) box. Make sure the outgoing server port is set to 587.
- Tick the My Outgoing server requires authentication box and click Next.
- You will be informed that you have successfully entered the details to set up your email account. Click Finish.
Your email account is now set up.
Need further help? ask our community