To set up your TalkTalk email account in Windows Live Mail, follow these steps:
- Click the Start globe in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen, and then select All Programs and Windows Live.
- Select Windows Live Mail.
- If you have previously used Windows Live Mail click Add e-mail account. If this is your first time using Windows Live Mail, you can go straight to step 4
- Enter your TalkTalk email address into the E-Mail address box.
- Enter the password for your TalkTalk email account into the Password box and tick the Remember password box.
- Enter a name into the Display Name box.
Note: This is the name that the recipient will see when you send them an email.
- Tick the Manually configure server settings for e-mail account box and click Next.
- Set the Incoming mail server type to IMAP using the drop-down list. Make sure the Incoming server port is set to 143.
- Type mail.talktalk.net into the Incoming server box.
- Enter your TalkTalk email address into the Login ID box.
Note: This is the same email address that you entered in step 3 above. Please ensure that you don't enter any spaces and that the email address is exactly as you created it.
- Type smtp.talktalk.net into the Outgoing server (SMTP) box. Make sure the outgoing server port is set to 587.
- Tick the My Outgoing server requires authentication box and click Next.
- You will be informed that you have successfully entered the details to set up your email account. Click Finish.
Your email account is now set up.