cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection Dropping Out

cotmire
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

Hello,

For about a week now my connection has been dropping out, at first it was a few times a day and I only noticed it on the WiFi-connected PC I was working on furthest away from the router - now it's got really bad, it's happening multiple times an hour and affecting everything including our phones and ethernet-connected TV etc, the connection is basically unusable today.

The connection uptime shown in the router admin panel is unaffected, nothing in the logs indicates that there was actually an internet disconnection.

Today I've tried connecting the router to the test socket but that didn't make any difference. My dial tone sounds fine. For some reason the TalkTalk line test tool just keeps telling me this: "Oops, looks like something went wrong. We're currently struggling to fetch the relevant information due to technical difficulties".

It got so bad dropping out every few minutes this afternoon that I found an old HG633 router and tried plugging that in instead of the Sagemcom hub; for a few hours it seemed to help but I think it was a coincidence as it has dropped out exactly the same way again 3 times in the last hour.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hi cotmire

No problem 🙂

The new router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

cotmire
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 24

Hi Debbie,

Thank you. Yes please I think new equipment is worth a try since the older router seems to have been an improvement.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi cotmire

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this is clear, no faults detected. The connection also appears to be stable.

Would you like me to send a new router, cables and filter so we can rule all equipment out? I know you have tested with an older router but it would be worth testing with a newer one (including cables and filter)

0 Likes