cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Openreach did a horrible job ...

walkietalkie1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

So after waiting for our install, OR (or their contractor MJ Quinn) did a terrible job. Not only did they make a mess of our internal wall by just leaving the old socket uncovered and open, with the ONT hanging above it (all they needed to use was a blanking plate and fix the ONT onto it), they've also not fixed the external ONT housing on the exterior wall at all, leaving it dangling by the fiber cable, which is now exposed on the side of our house most hit by wind and rain.

How do I get OR back to do the job properly?!

IMG_20240423_185836.jpegIMG_20240423_185825.jpegIMG_20240423_185821.jpegIMG_20240423_185831.jpeg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi walkietalkie1

If you would prefer to wait until the appointment (we've booked) then I would suggest advising the manager that you would prefer just the one visit.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

An area manager left a message and said they wouldn't do anything until they saw the work - I can only assume it was because of the OR complaint rather than the appointment you booked for me?

I'd rather rather not have people back and forth constantly if they're coming on the booked day to resolve it anyway.

Message 3 of 10

Hi walkietalkie1

Apologies we wouldn't know this, if it was a complaint raised directly to OR.

Did the engineer say they would come back out and fix the work they did? (MJ Quinn)

0 Likes

walkietalkie1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

Just wanted to double check - I had a call from MJ Quinn, the contractor that carried out the work on ORs behalf. They said they wanted to review what had been done first as they feel that the work was satisfactory.

I'm not sure if they've contacted me in regards to the above appointment or because I logged a complaint with OR. Would you happen to know - if it's from the OR complaint I'll just ignore it and let OR come and sort it out?

Thanks 😀

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi walkietalkie1

I've arranged the engineer visit for 13/05 AM (8am - 1pm) as requested and left full notes for the Openreach engineer.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Michelle

And for them to fix the mess they left inside as well.

Some dates that could work would be Monday 13th May AM, Monday 20th May AM - do any of those work for OR?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Morning,

Thank you. We can arrange for an Openreach engineer to come back out for you. Just to confirm, your stability and speed are both fine and it just needs the engineer to fix the hanging ONT box and also do some work outside? Could you provide a few days availability please, AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we'll book the next available visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle 

I've done that now

Thanks 😊 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle