cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router FAST5364

locoman
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My router won't talk to my hp laptop. "unable to connect to this network". I know the laptop is okay as it will connect to my neighbour's identical router ,after i put his password in. All my other devices work okay on my router. So it seems it just doesn't like my laptop. Any ideas ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi locoman

I can see that Keith has offered to help.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Is this laptop running Windows?  If so, please go to the Windows Command Prompt & run it as an administrator. Then launch this command & press the Enter key after it:-

netsh wlan show wlanreport

This will create some files in the folder:-

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport

This is a hidden folder, but can easily be opened by going to the run box (Win + r) and pasting this folder into it.

Then zip up all of the files in this folder & attach the zip file to your reply. To preserve your privacy, as soon as I have the zip file, I will delete it from your reply.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes