cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

3rd party router - need vlan intervention

Kob006
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 32

Hi

I had my upgrade to a full fibre connection activated today but my eero router was never sent by TT. However, I wasn't planning on using it long as I have my own TP link Omada gateway router I wish to use. I have connected it up to the openreach box but it is not getting an Internet connection. 

Reading other posts 

(https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/3rd-Party-Router/td-p/2979556) they recommend I set the VLAN ID to 0 (zero), but my router allows a range from 1 to 4094. The solution in the post I have linked to was that TT can intervene and provide a different VLAN ID individually. 

Please can I have this assistance as I have been told it will take 3 days to get the eero router, and we are now without Internet.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31

Kob006
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 32

Hi both, thanks for your ongoing assistance. I will connect to my router ASAP to try vlan 101. My Sagemcom router lost connection yesterday. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 32

OK thanks. Could I just ask, have you tried connecting your Sagemcom router, just to see if the connection is working?

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 32

Have you tried VLAN 101?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 24 of 32

Openreach 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 32

Hi Kob006,

I'm sorry, we just can't give you the settings you've requested. Having said that, are you on a City Fiber circuit or Openreach?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 32

Hi Chris

I am so confused, as there are multiple examples in the community posts where people have received assistance from TT to use 3rd party routers with FTTP. That is why I decided to go with TT. Can you provide an explanation for the change in response please?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/2-eero-6-questions-is-it-possible-to-disable-the-wifi...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/how-to-connect-full-fibre-to-a-dsl-openreach-modem/m-...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/3rd-Party-Router/td-p/2979556

0 Likes

Message 27 of 32

Hi Kob006,

I replied a couple of minutes ago basically saying the same thing. We can't help but other Community Members are free to do so if they can

Chris

0 Likes

Kob006
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 32

I have an update on this query. I called the support number, and they have said they don't support 3rd party routers with the full fibre  connection.

I explained there are posts within the community board that show that it is possible, but they said they don't have the ability to help me. 

If anyone from the support team picks up this thread, hopefully you know what to do! Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 32

Hi Kob006,

I'm really sorry but we are unable to provide setting for 3rd party routers for our Full Fibre service, apologies for any inconvenience.

Chris

0 Likes

Kob006
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 32

Thanks Keith, much appreciated

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 32

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?