cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Conflicting information, no visit from engineer and no help from talk talk, I’m ready to leave them

Barlow1988
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

what has happened is my current tarrif has ended and I’m currently in like a deemed contract and was told my rates will increase from £30.88 to around £41, I was offered a ultra fibre package the fibre 150 I believe, I was signed up to that around 2 weeks ago, I have waited for the engineer to arrive today to install my new box and adapter but no one has showed!

this is where it gets messy…

I was text messaged around the 27th April and told the work could not go through today and I would be contacted in the 30th April, I then was messaged tuesday 30th telling me I had to wait until 27th may 2024 for an engineer to visit, i thought there must be a mistake so i made contact with talk talk via their online chat, i was told nothing is wrong and the engineer would be with me on the day and time specified, that same day I get a call from TalkTalk and spoke to an adviser like so asked again to make ultra sure, and was reassured that there was no issue and the engineer will be here 2nd may between 1pm and 6pm but no one has shown

im now left with no fibre, no idea when it will be connected no one seemed to be able to tell me more than “there needs more work doing to get you connected” no mention of how I can be compensated for this complete waste of time and no one has mentioned my current bill and the increase I’ll have next month and how I can avoid that!!?? I’ve signed up for another 24 months with TalkTalk to avoid being charged more for my current account but now that hasn’t been activated I’m at a loss what will happen? Will I roll into increased charges? Will I be charged for my fibre even though it wasn’t connected!? Talk talk you have let me down terribly for the first time in 10 years and I’m shocked at the help I’ve gotten, transferred to 5 different departments yesterday you need to sort it out! I’m very close to closing my full fibre and my other account for my office as I’m in my 30 day cool off, if I don’t have a proper response or help now I’m ready to leave

IMG_8526.pngIMG_8525.png
Barlow1988
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Barlow1988,

Could you start a thread/topic in the Billing section and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Thank you Chris but no one has still helped me with this bill for the previous tariff that I’m going to be charged more for, no one has mentioned any compensation to be credited for the wasted day off work I lost money for, I have an email I found telling me I can have a fixed price plus tariff offered to me but that was never mentioned when I called I was told i have to open a new tariff that day or be charged £41 next month for my current tariff as it was running out!? I would have just stayed with my old plan of 65megabytes if I knew I could have it for that price but the man Simo on the phone told me I would be charged lots of extra charges if I didn’t switch that day! I feel I have been taken advantage of and manipulated into buying something you can’t provide now I’ve been told! I’m just going to leave talk talk this is too much stress it’s making me sick

IMG_8546.png
Barlow1988
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Barlow,

I've received an update from our Provisioning Team. Basically further work is required before Openreach can provide service, it's currently with Chief Engineers. They've asked us to review back on the 24 May. Apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Barlow1988,

I've found the order (its Openreach), I can see that that order is delayed but can't see why. I'll ask our provisioning team to take a look, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the help Gliwmaeden2

have a good bank holiday yourself!

Barlow1988

Message 6 of 11

Staff will respond after the Bank Holiday,  @Barlow1988.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Barlow1988
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

I have no idea I’m sorry, with all respect I thought you would know

Barlow1988
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thanks for updating your profile. Do you know if the service is with Openreach or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes

Barlow1988
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Updated profile 

Barlow1988
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Barlow1988,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes