cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Private Notes in Personal Information

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

To all and sundry

Re: Private Notes in Personal Information

Over the past 12 months, while being on the Community, I have noticed that very often when someone is new, he is directed to enter their personal details in the 'Personal Information' Table.
Sometimes they are directed to enter something in the Private Notes field of the table. Now when the user reads the indicator re the Private Notes field it says that anything the user enters will be 'for your eyes only (no one else can see it)'.

Yesterday, while viewing the thread of someone, who had been directed to enter something in the Private Notes field, I gently raised a general question as to the use of this field.
I asked whether this field had the same status as all the other fields in Personal Information, or whether it had some special status, meaning that any information entered there, was really 'for your eyes only (no one else can see it), and not available even to the Staff.

I then made a small edit to my comment, and then my comment was brutally deleted or quarantined by the Community police.
Not very nice, is it?

So is the Private Notes field, treated specially and not visible to the Staff?

Bill

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

That just means that no other customers/forum members etc cant see it. The whole point of the personal information tab is so that the customer can pass on personal information to the Community Team without everyone else being able to see it, so it would be useless if we couldn't see the information entered 

Chris

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk 

What had been confusing to me, not just yesterday, was the indicator, 'for your eyes only (no one else can see it)'.

Bill

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Bill,

The private notes field is exactly the same as the rest Personal Information, we just ask customer to enter information in there that doesn't have it's own dedicated field, such as address details. Personal information is visible to the community member and Community Staff

Chris

0 Likes