cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Router issue

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

My router gave up yesterday, engineers have been out and have verified the line into my property is working fine. I have switched out my talk talk Wi-Fi hub router for a talk talk Wi-Fi hub 2 router. It does not connect to the internet. Please can someone have a look at my router to ensure it is up to date and set up correctly. 

I have tried all the usual resets and power off and back ons and the router just says disconnected for my internet connection. Does the router need updating as it hasn't been used or making specific to my full fibre connection?

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi @Bobeto1986 

I'm so glad to hear that everything is working ok.

I will feedback to the team about what they had advised to fix this issue, apologies for this.

If you do experience any further issues then please post back here and let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 28

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy all day.

Absolutely spot on. Solved the issue again with no problems. I spent over an hour yesterday talking online to someone who wanted to send an engineer out again or send me a replacement Eero 6 pro.

It seems they could cost talktalk quite a lot of money if they either aren't able to solve issues the same as you can or they simply lack the competence.

You have been amazing from start to finish of both issues. Thank you for all your support.

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 28

It is all plugged in and the light is flashing blue ready to connect. Just FYI.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

Thank you. I will post back shortly. 🙂

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 28

🤩🤩🤩🥳🥳🥳

That is fine, I'll plug it in now.

Message 8 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

I can do it now but it can take up to 1 hour maximum for the profile to change (it may not take this long)

Will that be ok?

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 28

Good morning.

I can do it now if it's a quick process?

Message 10 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

Sorry for the delay. When will the eero be connected to your line?

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 28

Let me know when you are available tomorrow. I have tried to resolve the issue by chatting to an agent but they just are not helpful.

I don't know what it is that they can't do but you can.

I will use myold one until then.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 28

Hi Debbie. I have been told I won't be charged for the new router. I have plugged in my eero 6 pro but it won't connect to the internet.

Could you help me with this issue? The app says it can't connect.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

Apologies, as this has been ordered then I would suggest refusing delivery, I wont be able to stop this now.

You shouldn't be charged for this router but do let me know if anything shows on your next bill.

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 28

Actually Debbie, there is one more thing.

I have had an email today stating an order has been processed for a new router at a cost of £129. The person on the chat on Friday said a new router would be sent but never discussed a cost which is frustrating as it wasn't my fault the hardware failed.

As you fixed my issue with the other router I had, could this be cancelled as it is not required.

Many thanks for all your help so far.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

Thank you 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 28

No problem.

There is no point changing. Thank you for your help with this. I will find your PM and fill in.

Have a nice day!! ☺️ 

Message 17 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi @Bobeto1986 

It's entirely up to you. The eero does have wifi 6 technology but if your speeds are fine with your current router then I would suggest keeping this one.

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Likes

Bobeto1986
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 28

Is there any point changing? Is it any better than the hub 2 in terms of wireless connection around the house?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Hi Bobeto1986

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I can't see an eero ordered sorry. Would you prefer this to your current router?

If we send out an eero then we would also send a returns bag for the hub2 to be returned. I will also need to change the profile again when the eero is connected.

0 Likes