cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

WiFi with eero 6

Deefer
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Like many people I was sent an eero 6 when I signed up for Fibre 150, and stupidly returned my old router.  My WiFi coverage is much worse that before, when I was on fibre 65, and I also can't connect any new WiFi devices because the eero has no WPS button.  Does anyone know if and how I can get my old router back and return this eero rubbish?  Is there any reason why the old router will not work with fibre 150?  The CHAT service isn't any help at all.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Deefer,

Thanks for your reply. A 10 meter cable should be fine and shouldn't cause any problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Actually, I was thinking of trying that.  The Openreach chap who installed Fibre to the Premises put the router on my desk close to the box he had put on the wall where the fibre now enters the building.  The previous router was on a different side of the room high up next to my office door - more central to the building.  I did ask if this would be OK, next to our CCTV recorder and other equipment but he said it would be fine.  I suspect he didn't have a longer cable anyway?  I would need to buy a 10 metre cable to move the eero back to where the old router was (if I can find out what to order and if that length is available).  Do you think such a long cable would have a detrimental effect?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Deefer,

Are you able to move the eero to a more central location? This could potentially improve coverage

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

I didn't know there was a legacy mode so I don't know if it would have connected or not.  I used one of my spare printers and we finished her work on that.  She is not here today 9and neither is her printer.

The problem with WiFi is the coverage.  We cannot pick up WiFi in parts of our building now - especially when trying to make call on Whatsapp.. It was OK when we had the old router.

We only have a single eero 6.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi David,

Thank you for confirming. Does it also not connect in Legacy mode? In terms of the overall wireless performance, is this slow speeds? How many eeros do you have?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hello,

The most recent one was a client's HP Deskjet 2700e printer.  The eero app simply would not find it even though its WiFi was switched on.

David

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Deefer,

I'm sorry to hear this. What devices won't connect to the eero please? Have you also seen the below help guide?

Problems connecting a device to eero - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes