cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Homesafe on mobiles

HuntersLodge
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hello

i I have set up Homesafe and it successfully blocks adult sites on our laptops but it is not blocking sites when using a mobile (on the house wifi). Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks 🙏 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Its possible that the phones are using the dns for mobile usage and that ignores HomeSafe. Worth seeing if you can protect them when out and about anyway. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

HuntersLodge
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Ady

I would imagine the mobiles are compatible as they’re newish iPhones, but mobile data is definitely on as the kids need mobile data on when they take the phones to and from school in case of emergencies.
Will the phones use mobile data even at home to circumvent TalkTalk WiFi security? And should I try to block adult sites using the mobile network provider (id mobile)?

thanks v much 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi HuntersLodge, is the phone on the compatibility list? Is the mobile data turned off on the phone?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes