cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Router/Power-Pack replacement issues

Hi everyone Our TalkTalk router became unresponsive on the 1st May, with the LED on the front completely dark. I tried the usual fixes - plugging the router into a different socket, checking the connections of the leads, pressing and long-pressing th...

tt pending orders.PNG

No connection

I've had no broadband connection for over a week due to an issue at the local exchange in kidbrooke.However the main website states no reported issues with broadband

JBJBJB by Newbie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Is it possible to have two broadband providers in one home?

I’ll be moving in with others in a home with broadband already. Will i need to close my talktalk account and join their other provider? Or could i keep my talktalk package?can i have the costs and any issues that i might get from the service or addit...

Download speed

Internet speed seems slow. When I run a test speed to router is ok (29Mbps) but speed to device is slow (8Mbps). Any ideas on what is going on?

iPhone to router drops off

In the last month or so my iPhone connection to router intermittently drops off. It re connects later (I switch to data). How can I fix this? Never happened for first 5 months of having talk talk router

Wisehed by Newbie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Sonos Device connecting

I have a Sonos Beam and two Sonos 1 speakers but can nolonger connect them to WiFi. Has anyone had and been able to fix this issue!! I have tried a number of things already. and spoken to Sonos support. Looks like a router issue any help greatly appr...

Seanyb by Popular Poster
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

No internet for weeks

Hi, I’ve had no internet for weeks. Spoken to talk talk numerous time, engineer was meant to come out but they cancelled on me. Tried to reschedule but sick of the tests I have to do, it’s never simple. The fault is the router and cable. I need a new...

Webj86 by Sightseer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

No Service

No internet service and no telephone line operating. Unable to call customer service as Sunday, and there is no online chat, despite TAlkTalk claiming Online Chat available on Sunday. Totally helpless not knowing what to do. Kindly help, anyone. Rega...

My broadband has be not working for about 6 weeks.

I have contacted Talktalk service people many times but they do not even know how long it will be before it is fixed.Talktalk are still charging me for this lack of service.Compensation is supposed to be automatic, but I have had none.How do I get co...

WAN DHCP CLIENT (1) STOPPED issue

My home broadband connection has been dropping on the WAN link multiple times a day for the last few months. I have reported it many times to talk talk through the support chat service and still nothing has been done. I work from home and so many of ...

Horrific service

Some weeks ago my internet was dropping very badly and eventually after numerous tel calls an engineer was sent. Problem not fixed but a great customer service guy had a new router and modem sent to me and the problem went away. 1 week later it was w...

Glyn911 by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Unreliable Wifi / Router

Hi, the Wifi/Router is extremely unreliable and will often drop 2 or 3 times a day completely and have to wait 10 minutes for it to reboot. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm working from home and on meetings with clients. It's hard to get any s...

My website does not open

My website does not open when I use Talk Talk broadband, if I use my phone data it opens (all other websites open) My website is REMOVED it will open anywhere except on my home wifi. my email is REMOVED cell: REMOVED

Internet/TV not been working for about a week

My tv is plugged in through an ethernet cable and won't load any of the apps, it says the internet isn't connected. I've checked the connection and it is saying it is connected. I restart the router 3 times a day and still nothing works. Having to us...

dawn_hdg by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi disconnection & WiFi Optimisation

Hi all, Hoping somebody can help. Over the last few weeks I have been having issues with devices on the network not getting an internet connection. Devices - mostly been using my iPhone to troubleshoot - will remain connected to the WiFi, however the...

DanMay94 by Participant
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

New customer, router delivered but no connection.

The service should be live 2 days ago, my appointment with the technician was canceled as my flat was apparently plug and go ready. Clearly it is not. Tried every socket available to no avail. Am I missing something?

Akozak by Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

My internet keeps dropping out

My internet keeps dropping out and it is particularly bad in the mornings. I have just run a connection test and a fault has been identified but nobody is responding to the live chat.

NickyJM by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Weird behavior from this morning

Tried to open Chrome with Google as home page this morning, but got a "This site can't be reached" Also cannot load Amazon, eBay, same with my local library page, MobileRead forum etc. I cannot open anything with Chrome. Tried Edge and everything wor...

Qwghlm by Whizz Kid
  • 34 replies
  • 0 like

wifi

Our wifi seems to be struggling. Do we need a new router?

Lyn68 by Newbie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like