cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Auto Comp

dencole01
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi.

Back in the beginning of April my internet went down for 2 weeks.  When the issue was resolved I asked about compensation, seeing I had no internet for 2 weeks.  Like many other customers I was fobbed off with the Auto Comp garbage.  Its now gone passed the 30 days they recommend to wait for and I have not heard a thing about being compensated, either by email or txt message.  Please sort this out.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

dencole01
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I'm new to having to use chat to communicate issues.  I did not purposfully not reply to Arne's post.  I think I saw you name and automatically replied to you... I think that's what happened. 

Sorry for stating the incorrect name of the department or what ever you call it, I'm sure they know who/what i mean.  I don't have much time to be on here, so I write whatever is convenient for me (without looking back at previous chats) at the time of writing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.  I now realise that its Arne that I should have replied back to.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Nothing to do with my records, @dencole01, but with Arne's reply on your previous thread, which you then did not respond to. 

And it's not "my" "so-called Auto-Compensation department."

I am a customer like yourself. Just drawing your attention to previous staff statements. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

dencole01
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi Gliwmaeden2

You may have it on your records for being down for one week but I was without internet for 2 weeks.  Either way i was still not contacted by your so called "Auto Compensation department".

Regards

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@dencole01, @Arne-TalkTalk replied on your previous topic about this which I included in my reply above.

That fault was recorded as lasting a week. 

0 Likes

dencole01
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Hi. Sorry.

Yes it's to do with compensation for the issue in march 2024. Where I had no service for 2 weeks due to a faulty Router.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

@dencole01  What where the dates of this fault in April?  There is no fault ticket raised, and also no  line tests. There has to be fault ticket raised for auto compensation. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

So separate from the issue in March, @dencole01?

Other incident, for reference:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Auto-Compensation/td-p/3039247

No subsequent incident mentioned on the forum. 

Previous problem covered was in March:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Router-flashing-orange-light/td-p/3029780#M389396

0 Likes