cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION

Soloman13
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 78 of 78

Hi there! Can anyone tell me why the devices listed in MY DEVICES  are duplicated over and over.

According to the list I have 20 devices connected to my new sagecom router all working correctly.!!!!!

In fact I only have 11 devices, 2 of which are not on the list.

The other devices are duplicated over and over.

One device appears 4 times and others 2 times. No way for me to amend it and TalkTalk no help.

Any ideas?????

0 Likes
77 REPLIES 77

Message 1 of 78

Hello,

Thanks for the update. My colleague here also raised the duplicate devices showing in My Connection to the team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 78

Hi Michelle,

I have spoken to the Escalation Team

The wired PC appears to be working with no problems.

He assures me there is currently no fault with the line despite what MY CONNECTION says.

On his system he can currently see 4 devices which is correct.

He does not know why MY CONNECTION is listing 21 devices including all inactive devices but he will pass the problem over to MY ACCOUNTS team to investigate the corrupted communications.

He will close the current fault down but the system will just raise another one unless something is done.

The only solution would be a faster package but until FTTP is available nothing can be done.

My broadband cannot support the few wifi devices I have. Our 2 mobile phones struggle to connect to the internet even with all other devices turned off and we often have to switch to mobile data.

I will reinstate my other devices to share what line speed is available.

The information in MY CONNECTION is corrupted and of no use to me

Hopefully the service to my PC will hold up!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 3 of 78

Hi again,

Can I just check, have you now been contacted by our team?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 78

Good morning,

I'll chase the team for an update on this now.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 78

Good Morning,

No contact from the Escalation Team.

My wired connection to the PC is looking stable with no problems over the weekend but still MY CONNECTION still shows further work required

However, As previously posted I disconnected all devices just leaving the booster, extender and two mobile phones active.

My DEVICES has listed all the switched off devices as Active and working as expected over the weekend.

This morning MY DEVICES shows 20 devices working as expected with multiple duplications.

What on earth is going on??????????

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 6 of 78

Morning,

How has your connection been over the weekend? Has our Faults Escalation Team been in contact?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 78

Hi Michelle,

For your information, MY CONNECTION tells me that 'our diagnostic tool has picked up on a potential issue but to help us  understand whats going on you'll need to run a more in depth line test'

I have done this several times but no conclusion reached

My Echo is still listed as consuming my upload speed despite being unplugged for more than 24 hours!!

I have removed all WiFi devices except for the Booster, The Extender and both Iphones. The PC is still hard wired to router.

We will see if anything changes over the next couple of days.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 8 of 78

Please remember that it is MY CONNECTION that is raising these faults and opening cases.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 9 of 78

Thanks Michelle.

I have a current line speed of 11mbps which should be more than enough to cope with the type of devices I have and their limited use?

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 10 of 78

Hi,

I've escalated this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and have asked them to take a look. We'll post back here as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 78

Please read previous posts .It does not help asking the same questions over and over.

Once again,  Fibre To The Premises is not available!!!!!!! Openreach Engineer confirmed last week!!!!!

There is 1/2 mile of copper wire from the cab to my premises which is why FTTP is not available and why line speed drops so much by the time it reaches me.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 12 of 78

Hi Soloman13

I would suggest faster speeds to support more devices. Is FTTP available in your area?

It would be worth speaking our Loyalty Team to see what services/packages they can offer you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 78

My wired PC is on all the time

The Echo And Echo Show are on all the time

The Iphones are on all the time

My TV box is off most of the time as I cannot stream any programmes over the internet

My Sonos Beam is off most of the time and only connects for updates.

Are you saying my connection cannot handle even these few devices ? with the help of booster/Extender/Powerline units?

Why is MY CONNECTION keep throwing up faults?

I don't have a usable broadband connection which is why I rely on my wired pc so much. But even this can have issues as  this post can attest to.

Can anything be done to improve matters?????

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 14 of 78

Hi Soloman13

I'm guessing this is linked to how many devices there are and which ones are connected and using the connection (based on your current sync speed) at the time you experience the issue.

The connection appears to be stable with no drops in connection.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 78

Good morning, I have left the Echo disconnected, Nothing has changed as far as I can see.

Has the congestion eased.?

Has their been any further reconnections since the Engineers visit?

Still getting a fault page in MY CONNECTION.

Of my 11 devices :-4 are devices to improve wifi signal in the home

1 is hard wired into the router

1 is currently turned off

2 struggle at times to connect to wifi

3 regularly are reported as consuming my upload speed

FTTP is not available. We have at least 1/2mile copper cable between where the cab is and my premises.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 16 of 78

Morning,

Thank you for the update. Have you noticed any change so far? Is FTTP currently available for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 78

No problem I will unplug the Echo for now.

My devices are:-

Desktop PC

Sagecom Booster

Talktalk Extender Kit

Iphone 14

Iphone 7

Amazon Echo

Amazon Echo Show

Sonos Beam

TV Box

TV Powerline B1

TV PowerlineB2

That is 11 devices but these are often duplicated reaching 24 at one point See previous posts

Only the Extender is duplicated at present

Soloman 13

0 Likes

Message 18 of 78

Hi,

I've also checked your wireless connection stats and it also shows upstream congestion. Would it be possible to test with the Amazon Echo removed for a short period just to see if there is any improvement so we can confirm if it's definitely related to this one device? How many wireless devices do you currently have connected please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 78

The line tests are ALWAYS clear.

They were when The Openreach engineer visited and yet there was a resistance fault in the Cab which your tests did not pick up.

The Engineer did also refer to another potential fault on a pole see previous post.

WiFi is poor at the best of times despite having a talktalk Sagecom booster and an extender kit.

Currently My Devices tells me that my Amazon Echo is consuming my upload speed and my Iphone 14 struggles to connect to WiFi.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 20 of 78

Hi,

I'm not sure what issue it detected as the line tests are clear. I can see that fault ticket that has been auto logged and it has requested further diagnostics to be completed. Are you experiencing any issues with the wireless specifically?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes