cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION

Soloman13
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 78 of 78

Hi there! Can anyone tell me why the devices listed in MY DEVICES  are duplicated over and over.

According to the list I have 20 devices connected to my new sagecom router all working correctly.!!!!!

In fact I only have 11 devices, 2 of which are not on the list.

The other devices are duplicated over and over.

One device appears 4 times and others 2 times. No way for me to amend it and TalkTalk no help.

Any ideas?????

0 Likes
77 REPLIES 77

Message 21 of 78

Hi Michelle, I clicked on My Connection which did a usual check  on the line,previous fault status etc .

I was informed that there was a problem with the line and requested a comprehensive line test which could affect my broadband for 10 minutes.

This test resulted in a case being opened ref. no. REP-14288558

Today My Connection puts up a track my fault page- some more checks are needed.

'We've been unable to identify a clear fault with your service' However we can see that you may be experiencing problems with WI-Fi throughout your home.

Please note that Openreach was here last week and all has been fine since, until now

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 22 of 78

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Can I just confirm, what can you currently see in your My Connection?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 78

Hi there, here we go again.!

My Connection is throwing up further problems with my internet connection.

Should I post a new problem or will it be a continuation of this one.

They will need to be linked together so you can see the case history.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 24 of 78

Hi Soloman,

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved. Apologies that this wasn't resolved in the first instance. If you do need any further support then we are always here and happy to help.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 78

Hi Debbie, Thanks for that.

A big thank you to Chris for taking the steps to go one step further to fix this problem.....Hopefully!!!!

My last word on this matter is a plea to review the training of agents at call centres.

My issue has been going on for over A YEAR! Everyone hangs their hat on a line test which in my case was always clear yet dropouts/reconnections were happening all the time.(4 routers!!!!!)

Due to my persistance an Openreach Engineer found a fault at the exchange on 8/4/24 but the problem persisted.

on 1/5/24 an Openreach Engineer found a fault in a cabinet despite the fact the line is clear.

For 12 months we have been struggling with a poor service in every regard from Talktalk until this occasion. 

Sometimes my only way I could connect to the internet was by my Mobile Data.

Please review the way these faults are investigated.

I will never phone the Talktalk helpline again and will use this method of communication in future.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 26 of 78

Hi Soloman13

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the engineers report and the notes advise -

Actions to resolve: Fault located in E side / PCP. Resolved issue in PCP. Engineer hasn't found any issue with modem / router. Engineer hasn't found any issue with extension wiring.

The fault was located and fixed at the cabinet. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 27 of 78

Hi Chris, the Engineer has been!

He located a high resistance fault in the cabinet about half a mile away and repaired.

He also located what he called a 'blip' on the last pole before going underground but could not gain access to test due to a tree overgrowing the pole. However when the cabinet fault was cleared the blip went away.

All was green on his handset but should I experience further problems the underground team will be needed and I assume some pruning work.

Could I get a copy of his report??

The websites are loading a lot quicker and all looks good.

After all this time 12 months plus but I am keeping my fingers crossed never the less!

0 Likes

Message 28 of 78
0 Likes

Message 29 of 78

Hi Chris, OK let us keep the appointment. I will confirm on the openreach text.My wife and I are both here tomorrow morning and I will be just out the back with these machines so could be called if any info is required from me.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 30 of 78

Yes you only really need to provide access. Do you want me to leave the appointment for tomorrow or change it for another day

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 78

Sorry about this but I have just been informed that the plant demonstration that I have been expecting for months is coming tomorrow morning as well.would you believe it !!!!! Could the Engineers appointment be rearranged or I could juggle between the two if need be. I dont know what my involvement with the Engineer will be. Do I just have to provide access?

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 32 of 78

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - May 01 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 78

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 78

I will make myself available any time any day that an engineer is available!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 35 of 78

Apologies, I can't see where you've specified times when you'll be available or do you just mean that you're available any weekday, AM or PM?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 78

I accept the potential engineers charges and am available during the specified times.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 37 of 78

I'm sorry but as I've said, I can only book the engineer when you've confirmed that you accept potential charges. If you are charged for the engineer visit and you think that the charge was incorrectly applied then you can contest the charge

Chris

0 Likes

Soloman13
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 78

Will you tell me when they are coming or does Openreach contact me direct?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 78

Chris you have confirmed that there is a reconnection issue with the line and it is up to Talktalk to correct the issue.

If the only way forward is to get an Engineer on your recommendation then so be it. Surely there is no question that the fault exists as you can testify and Open reach is responsible for the line into the house including the box. 

I am available during the times specified.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 40 of 78

If there's a fault with the line then there will be no charge. I'm sorry but we can only book the engineer if you confirm that you agree to potential charges

Chris

0 Likes