cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to connect Sonos Play 1 to Talk Talk router.

Austin5
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I wonder if anyone can help.

I've been struggling to connect my Sonos speaker to my Talk Talk router after a recent upgrade. I've talked to Sonos, who eventually suggested it might be a router issue after we tested everything else. I've tried everything they suggested, with the exception of turning off Wifi Optimisation, which has been suggested as a possible solution. Could someone at Talk Talk help me do this please? After this I'm completely out of ideas and would welcome any thoughts.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @Austin5 

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I restarted my router yesterday. Thanks for the link but I've already gone through all the Sonos advice several times. It only connects with an Ethernet cable and won't connect otherwise. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Austin5

Our Devices Team have investigated and have advised that this issue is not related to WIFI optimisation.

The team believe your current set up is causing some congestion issues. When did you last reboot your router?

They also asked me to include this page in regards to the Sonos Connect Sonos to a new router or Wi-Fi network | Sonos

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Austin5

Thanks for confirming. I've asked our Devices Team to take a look at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

I rebooted yesterday after all the changes. It didn't make any difference. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, have you also tried rebooting the router?

Michelle

0 Likes

Austin5
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Updated with name and mobile. It is Wifi hub

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you using the Wifi Hub or an eero?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle