cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wi fi - devices dropping out

Percy3
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi

I have a router positioned on a shelf on the first floor. I have 14 wireless devices connected around the house. All of them are constantly dropping off the network and then re connecting. 

I have changed the channel on the router settings but this didn't  help. We had a talk talk router before and had no problems . It only started when talk talk sent me a new faster broadband cable and router.

What can I do 

Thanks

Gary
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Gary

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi

It's still dropping out . Any other suggestions

Thanks

Gary

Gary
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi

It's still dropping out . Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Gary

Gary
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

OK thanks. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and monitor to see if the disconnections continue. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi

i I have changed it . Sorry I put the wrong number in

Gary
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Percy3,

Can you please check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm that its your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

The router is on a shelf on first floor . Yes I have tried rebooting but still the same

Gary
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Thanks

Gary
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi Percy3

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Is the router located near to any devices that could cause any interference?

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi @Percy3 thanks for the update that'll help the talktalk team sort this for you tomorrow when they are back in work. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Percy3
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

No I don't have it anymore. I have a mac computer and PlayStation connected to ethernet ( had to do this as WiFi is not reliable.) They are working fine. The WiFi signal strength is ok when  connecting devices but they just keep dropping out

Gary
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Percy3 what happened to the old router? If you still have it try using it for a couple of hours. Are any of your devices connected to the router by ethernet? If yes are they suffering, if not can you try attaching one?

Your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.