cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not being received.

JamesBaloo
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 7 of 7

Having similar problems when colleague who uses ............ @midb.co.uk sends message it is bounced back to them no problems with receiving emails from any other source. after consulting with several "experts " I am told it is a problem at Tiscali - Talk Talk I wonder if there any fixes

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No, the email address is not required.

But here's why you're making this doubly difficult to properly analyse. The first post you made gave the originator's email domain as midb.co.uk. Your last post says it's mibd.co.uk. So which is correct? I guess the second? The first has no SPF authentication, the second does have SPF authentication. Neither have a DMARC policy in place.

To avoid any incorrect information I'd need to see the full header. If you need help getting copies of the email header, just read this tutorial. When you have the header click on my avatar and then the blue Send message button to paste the header into the message.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

JamesBaloo
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 7

<obscured for customer security@mibd.co.uk>

Not sure if I have done this right

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I only wish to see the relevant part of the normally hidden email header. Select the email from your colleague and View source or View original to show the header text and then select all and copy that so you can paste it in Notebook. Then use Private Messages (PM) here in Community to send me a PM with the relevant part of the pasted email header. I can then confirm if the SPF authentication fail is why the email is being rejected by TalkTalk.

Then you'll be able to go back to your "experts" with a confirmed explanation.

0 Likes

JamesBaloo
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

How can I forward the email from my colleague using (different email) to you ? Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi James

Do you think you could sign back in to TalkTalk Community and let me know if you can or cannot provide the requested information from the sent emails from your colleague using the midb.co.uk domain?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I've moved your post to a new topic. The reason is that midb.co.uk, if that is the sending domain, is not authenticated. The basic requirement is that the sender has SPF authentication and preferably a DMARC policy in place. No authentication means a high risk of mail being rejected. The bounceback will have a TT three digit error code.

Do you have any emails from your colleague, perhaps sent to another email address, and can inspect the header? (View source or View original or view raw header). I need you to tell me what the domain is on the Return-Path: line and what the domain is on the 'Received: from' line that ends with 'by mx.talktalk.net with SMTP'. Then I can check further.