cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Mail not working on IPad mail

JI1234
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Can access webmail for a tiscali.co.uk account, but after required updates cannot connect via mail app on iPad.  iPad app is giving “cannot get mail, no password provided”. I’ve checked the new settings and checked the password via webmail, tried adding/deleting account but no luck

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Rosie1952*, you've jumped on an old thread. Please start a new thread and make sure you let us know the ipad version and IOS version. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Rosie1952*
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Has the issue regarding not being about to use a tiscali email account been solved? My settings are correct but I keep getting the message no password provided. I’ve changed my password but I thing seems to work to correct this problem 

0 Likes

JI1234
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 12

Yes! Thanks so much for the help

Message 4 of 12

Have you tried removing the mail account from the app? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

JI1234
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

Thanks, Ady,any idea why I can’t access email on iPad mail app? Settings used as above. I keep getting “ no password provided” message despite putting in correct password in both incoming and outgoing mail

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

The account is not limited assuming that is that its the one you used to register on the community.

Ady

Message 7 of 12

Ady is already on your case.  If the mailbox has been limited to webmail only access because of the use of insecure mail settings by another device connecting to the mailbox then Ady will want to know that you've corrected the settings for all authorised devices.

Once that aspect has been sorted then Ady can authorise full access.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

JI1234
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Can someone help me with this? It looked like from other threads that talktalk need to do something to my account to make it work. I’m still getting a “ no password provided” message despite it being in place in settings in both incoming and outgoing mail. Thanks so much

0 Likes

JI1234
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Email: …@tiscali.co.uk

description tiscali.co.uk

host name imap.talktalk.net

Outgoing mail smtp.talktalk.net

IMG_0088.jpegIMG_0087.jpeg
0 Likes

JI1234
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

I’m on version 16.4.1 

the settings are exactly the ones listed in the help section

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi JI1234, what version IOS are you running and what settings are you using exclude your username though. 

Ady