cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Broadband issue

ScorpioEd33
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi, 

Am having issues witth my internet last few weeks as it has been disconnecting twice and reconnects to the internet again. I have been disconnected twice last few weeks. 

I have messaged twitter Talktalk agent for help, they told me to connect my micro filter to the master socket which i have done. i ran test speeds through Talktalk page, it has given me a good speed of 23mbps download but my upload speed varies between 19.-25mbps. I have noticed some speed issues wireless issues.  A few days ago, i reset the router affect turning of the router after 20 mins. I then connect everything to the laptop to run test speeds, sometimes the download speed various and upload speed is ok via connected wired. However, after disconnecting the micro filter and connect the faceplate back on the the master socket. it was fine then a few days later during the storm the internet disconnected again which impacted my speed issue. So i had to switch off the router for 20mins and then reconnect it back on again. After that i waited 4 -5 mins then ran test speed and my line speed was ok via wired connection. My wireless speed issue is still an ongoing issue and seems to be slow via wireless. I have multiple devices connected to the router.. After the storm i had to reconnect my micro filter to the test socket and to leave it on again for next 24 hours. i also feel the speed issue on my line is still a bit slow, every time my speed various between 17-23mbps and upload is between 19-25mbps. 

Can some one at Talktalk help with my line issues and the router issue, the speed of my wifi via wireless is driving me crazy. i have never turned on and off my router , just left it on. I feel like my router i acting abit crazy now. My wifi has also impacted my blink systems causing me to buy a new blink system mod 2 and new usb. I am still connected to the microfilter to the test socket for the second time now.i mean its not disconnected yet, last few weeks ago with connecting microfilter its been disconnecting 3 times when connected wireless from multiple devices. I cant even for sure if its a line issue or my router but i feel like its line and router issue all at the same time.  i tried resetting router a number of times. and switching it off for a good 20 mins but still the issue persists. 

Any chance to have a new router to be sent to test ? Any chance an engineer to be sent to check my line issue?

Thanks.

e y wong
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good morning,

I've checked your connection stats and I can see that DLM hasn't made any changes to the speed as yet. How have you found the overall connection?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi ScorpioEd33

I've checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed is 24.5 and upload sync speed is 3mb.

Please can you connect the new router at the test socket and then power down the router for a full 30 minutes? Then leave the router switched on without being rebooted.

We can then check the connection stats again in 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi, 

I have recieved the replacement router and sent the old one back. The line was fine with the new router but there as an issue at the exchange and they fixed it. However i plugged my microfilter in and my download speed is around 17-18 mbps and my upload speed is around 3.1 mbps. Though via wireless test and wired connection test without the microfilter, the upload speed is abit of drop still but at the test start , should i unplugged router and wait 20 mins to get my speed of 24mbps and 3.1 mbps after they fixed the exchange ? i also have multiple devices connected including my wifi talktalk extender through a cable ?

e y wong
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi ScorpioEd33

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear - No faults detected. I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes