cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre imminent, but....

furrybloke
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Morning all

Beginning to sound like a stuck record now, but here goes.

As noted elsewhere, I ordered Full Fibre for May 1st, but the order wasn't fulfilled because the process required at the TalkTalk end was never completed. So I contacted the Customer Service Centre on April 29th, and a chap called Jordan rearranged installation for May 16th, which is a week today. To date I've had contract information from TalkTalk and communication from Openreach about what will happen on the day, which is great. We haven't received our router (s) yet, but there's still time.

However, what confuses me, and causes me concern that once again the installation might not happen is that when I log into my TalkTalk online account there's no indication that we're about to change our package. Should the information about our new package not be noted on our online account by now, with the date of the changeover?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 2 of 19

Darn--I hating making decisions. Ok, I'll have a think about it over the next 24 hours or so. 

😎

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi furrybloke,

I think you are probably better waiting until the engineer has done his stuff but I can't really see any problem doing it before hand either

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Just one other question, then hopefully I can leave you guys in peace.

In the Talk Talk email that tells you about the EERO router, it says that you should install the EERO app on your phone, so I've done that.

Is it OK to set up an account on the app before the installation, or best to wait till engineer has done his stuff and you're ready to connect? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Chris

Thanks for that. I received a phone call from someone at TalkTalk this morning, confirming the installation on Thursday and asking if I had any questions. I asked for confirmation that the router will arrive before the installation date and I was given that assurance.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the equipment will actually be here when Openreach arrive, but there's nothing more I can do now except wait. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi furrybloke,

The router appears to be on order but not dispatched yet, we'll check again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hopefully same for us, Keith. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

That was what happened to me, they brought the router with them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Chris ( or anyone else who has the authority to find out) when you return on Monday, could you please check whether the routers will be posted to us, or whether (as Keith suggests) they'll be brought by the installation team. We need to go out for a couple of hours on the day before installation, and I want to make arrangements for someone to take delivery if we're not here( May 15th).

Thanks again. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Thanks once more, Chris. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Yes it can take a while, but all looks OK at our end 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Thanks again, Chris.

Shame the online account hasn't caught up yet because it does make you wonder, but your reassurance is welcome. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Yes, unfortunately My Account can be slow to update, apologies for any confusion

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Thanks for the response, Keith. I did receive a text message from Openreach this morning and all does appear to be proceeding at their end.

Its the absence of any indication of the change of package in my TalkTalk online account that I find slightly worrying. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Thanks Chris,  your response is much appreciated.

As I said to Keith below, Openreach are clearly moving in the right direction. Maybe the TT online account will be updated nearer to our installation date. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi furrybloke,

I've checked and can see that your do have an order and the go live date is 16 May, so everything appears to be OK

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

The router is often brought by the installation team. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and advise you on the other points.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes