cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home Landline

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Yesterday my landline went dead.  At the same time, my internet went off, then came back on, but very patchy (on and off) and very slow.  I'm using the internet now, but even some parts of the TalkTalk website won't download.  Everything is the same today - dead phone and slow, on and off again internet.  My information in profile settings is up to date.   I hope someone can help me.   Thank you so much.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

That's great news Talkalot, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Hi Chris and Debbie,

The engineer was here on Tuesday as promised and since then the problem has been solved.  Everything - phone and internet - is working as they should.  I really appreciate all your help.  Thank you so much - you're great!

Message 3 of 17

No problem, happy to help 🙂

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much.  I appreciate what you and Debbie have done for me.  I'll be in touch again after the engineer has been here and hopefully has sorted out the phone and internet.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Talkalot,

I've booked the engineer for - 07/05/2024 08:00 - 13:00 - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Sorry for the delay...internet was off and now it's on, but sooo slow.  But yes, we are at home all AM and PM every day.  Thank you so much, if I had to do this, it would take me forever 😁

Message 7 of 17

Hi @Talkalot 

Openreach are now requesting access to the property and are asking for us to arrange an engineer visit.

Please can you provide your availability AM and PM? I will then arrange the first available appointment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Morning @Talkalot 

You're welcome 🙂

The fault has been assigned to the line engineer this morning so we should have updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Your updates are very much appreciated.  THANK YOU!

Message 10 of 17

Hi Talkalot

There are still no updates from Openreach as yet.

I will keep monitoring and I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Morning Talkalot

This fault is still with Openreach, there are no additional updates at the moment.

I will check on this again later this afternoon for updates.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Talkalot

No problem 🙂

I will keep you updated as soon as I receive further updates from Openreach.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Hi Debbie,

OK, that's good.  Again, thank you so much.  I'll wait to hear further from you.

Message 14 of 17

Hi Talkalot

The fault with the broadband will most likely be linked to the line fault detected.

Once the landline fault has been resolved then this should also resolve the BB fault.

If you are still experiencing issues then we can investigate this too.

Thanks

0 Likes

Talkalot
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Thank you very much.  Sorry for the delay in responding, internet went off again.  Should I post the internet problem in the Broadband section or can I leave it here with you.  Again, thank you.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Talkalot

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a potential line fault so I have escalated this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will post back here as soon as I have further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes