cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home phone

theoldvic
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

So I have to be without my landline until 23 rd April before Open reach can renew my line,. Is this correct. Fault was reported on the 23rd March The phone was working until Monday April 1st.. Is this right.  ( I have lost my community log in details ) Vic

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi theoldvic

How's the connection/line been since last week?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

HI theoldvic

Thanks for your reply.

The line test has detected a potential line fault towards the property.

I think you may be receiving this message because there is an open fault ticket with TT even though Openreach have closed the fault as resolved.

If you do experience the same fault again then we will need to book an engineer visit to the property to investigate.

Would you like me to close the current fault ticket for now or would you prefer to monitor the line for another week?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Yes

Message 4 of 14

Hi theoldvic

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that everything is working ok.

Do you receive this message when running a test using My Connection?

0 Likes

theoldvic
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Hi Debbie,  Everything seems to be ok, but talktalk says there is a fault in my home and wants me to book an open reach engineer. I am a little confused. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi theoldvic

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hello,

Thank you. I've checked this with Openreach and the latest update is that this is a complex fault which is underground and new duct work is required. The fault is currently with stage 2 team for the dig and duct work and the target resolution date is for 23/04 and they have asked us to check back for an update on 24/04. We'll check back on this date and will post an update back here.

Thanks

Michelle

theoldvic
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

Details updated. 

Message 9 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and we can look into this for you.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number or Account number 
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

I am slightly confused, both of your two recent replies were on the forum, so you must have been able to login to this any way to make those posts. TalkTalk should pick this up tomorrow hopefully & will deal with the landline not working.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Thank you Keith, I have replied on the forum. I have just seen the forward reply arrow on your post.  Best regards Vic

0 Likes

theoldvic
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Thank you Keith, I have forgotten my log in details for my forum account. My fault has been logged with open reach, I have been in touch with tt by WhatsApp and they have given me two different dates. Apparently a new line is needed from the box in the pavement and under my lawn. I think open reach has to phone me when they can start. Meanwhile we have no phone. Once again thank you for your reply to my post. ( personal details have been included ) Best regards Vic

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and update you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes