cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Not achieving guaranteed speed

des09
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Advice please, at what point does action get taken if below guaranteed speeds are being achieved. How many days?

Thanks.

1000004903.png

Cliddy
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Glad to hear that your speed has recovered, apologies for any inconvenience. Please see About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Chris, thanks for getting back quickly. 

I'm not smart enough to do the tests you suggest, but I've run the speed tester from the 2 main handhelds we use and the stability of streaming on the TV over WiFi. They have returned to the speed I would expect prior to the outage. So problem solved as far as I'm concerned.

But relating to the speed chart and question I raised at the start what is the criteria regarding TT compensation.

The chart indicates 6 ish days with below guaranteed speed, culminating in 24 hours outage with the Openreach fault.

I'm not particularly motivated to pursue this particular issue, but as the talktalk service considered over a longer period is not the most stable of services and it would be helpful to know the measurement levels that trigger it.

Meanwhile thanks for your help. 

Dave

Cliddy
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hi des09,

Line test is passing and router is in sync at 48.9Mbps, Are you able to run some speed tests on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable rather than wi-fi?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Yes. The service status got mentioned a lot during the outage. It seemed a cop out way of avoiding the issue.

It wasn't updated once during the 24 hour period.

Long after I had a service back it said it was cleared.

The response on here I find excellent and responsive.  But the bot and the associated "text chat" is of no value at all, other than being patronising and time wasting, repeating the same questions.

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

If your internet is down for a good chunk of time in one day, I would always report it directly that day, so they can get onto the issue and start diagnosing.

Then you'll know if it's a general outage or something specific to your service. I would do this regardless of communications after testing in My Connection etc.

But it's worth checking Service Status Dashboard for more widely reported issues, @des09.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Over the last 24 hours I have had a complete outage that Openreach has apparently fixed.

It was as a result of this fix I looked back to see what the speed had been.

It seems to have shown that it was gradually slowing up to the outage.

But equally it doesn't seem to show the outage itself. Only a slower speed.

Perhaps I could wait until the "Fix" takes effect. But my question still remains what is an acceptable period of time before I should raise an issue

Cliddy
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Now that you've reported it on here, @des09, it should be picked up by staff during the day. 

Did you notify Talktalk previously by any other method?

TT won't register an issue unless you've told them about it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes