cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Broadband charge

MickP54
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I was recently upgraded  to FTTP with a promise from TALKTALK that my monthly Direct Debit would remain the same

However every month has seen an increase in my Direct Debit and 3 months later am being billed an extra £7 on my monthly payment?

Have I missed something here? Was there something in the small print I missed?

Mick Pope, TV engineer, grew up in the magic of the 60/70s when we reached for the stars and landed on the moon
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Only customers on fixed price plus are exempt from the annual price increase, you are not a Fixed Price Plus customer therefore as per the terms and conditions each year in April your price rises by CPI + 3.7%  

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

The contract is a fixed term but the fees go up in April each year (like most mobile phone tariffs too, and like other landline and broadband operators).

The system may change after Ofcom took a look, but when CPI inflation is relatively low, plus the extra 3.7%, it's possibly not as bad as, say a fixed amount increase per year instead. 

If you are not on a Fixed Price Plus tariff, this happens each April, and you will have had a notice email about it in March.

Check also the Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of the page, or the small print at the foot of the advertised tariffs page on the main TT website. 

If you need further help with this, @Stuartprior, please return to the message board and click on start a topic. Staff only reply to the original poster.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Stuartprior
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi when i started my contract with talk talk it was fine paying 29.95 a month why the price hike i was promised the bill would never go up till my contract had ended this is breach of the contract that you have broken if you dont get it sorted im taken my business else were ok 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Have you opened up the detailed bill, @MickP54?

Impossible to know what they think they are doing without seeing that. Take some screenshots to show the relative amounts, and scrub out personal information/account number/phone number before displaying them here.

Also check in Transaction History, as there may be credits in there offsetting the increase.

Or, are you being charged for calls? Telly? Supersafe? Whatever?

Any particular discount no longer applied?

Staff will reply during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes