cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Why was I charged £75 for engineer visit for a faulty TalkTalk router?

AlexF4
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I was having issues with slow speeds and connection dropouts. I contacted TalkTalk customer services and they ran trough a series of line tests and I did everything they asked. after about 20 mins the TalkTalk agent said they were unable to diagnose the issue over the phone and that an engineer visit would be required to resolve the issue. The Openreach engineer visit was booked for the next day.

When the Openreach engineer arrived he did a few tests on the line and said that he could see there was an issue as I was not getting the speeds I should have been. He then went out to the box down the street for about 30 mins. When he came back he told me there was an issue with "high resistance"  and the issue was likely to be the router as he had not been able to find issues with the line. He also said this was a common fault with the model of router I had. The engineer filed a report with TalkTalk and said a new router should be sent out to me in the next couple of days and left. 

The new router arrived 48 hours later and I connected it up and sent the old router back to TalkTalk. I've not had any issues with slow speeds or connection drop out since then and no one from TalkTalk has been in contact. 

Today I received a email TalkTalk saying that I am going to be charged £75 for the engineer visit with no other information as to why. 

So why would I be charged for the engineer visit when the fault was with TalkTalk's router? This really doesn't make any sense to me. And why would TalkTalk not even try to discuss this with me beforehand? 

bill.png
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The charge was removed yesterday and your payment date is tomorrow, so there is a chance the full amount will be taken , but if that happens a credit will instantly show that can be refunded via My Account. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

The DD date is probably far enough ahead for the adjustment to have been made, @AlexF4.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Sorry the link didn't work for me. 

Just to confirm the £75 for the engineer fee won't be taken from my bank account?  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Sorry the link didn't work for me. 

Just to confirm the £75 for the engineer fee won't be taken from my bank account?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

AlexF4
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Arne I'm looking at my latest bill and I can't see a credit? 

AlexF4_0-1714396745230.png

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi AlexF4

I can see that a credit has been applied to your account.  

You will see this in transaction history in My Account. 

0 Likes