cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email will only send via wifi

GKP26
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Have noticed lately that emails will not send from outbox unless via home WiFi.

Incoming emails are received as normal.

Settings seem ok.

Using Email app.

Just get message back saying Sending Failed.

Any help or suggestions ?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Heads up that the TalkTalk Test Mail is not going to respond more than once. It's not set up for multiple responses to the same mailbox.

If you wish to test your mailbox functionality then do a self-send message. Compose and send your own mailbox a message to see it go into the Sent folder without any send error message and see it arrive in and stay in the Inbox.

The Samsung app is not set up to use secure mail for the Incoming server. The port must be 993 and Security type SSL. Other than that all is good.

But do check and upgrade the password if it may be deemed as weak.  I recommend 12 - 15 characters (the absolute minimum is 8 characters) multicase letters and at least one number and one approved symbol.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 5

1000028021.jpg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I don't get any TT Code.

The phone is a Samsung 

Email App details and Server Settings as attached.

1000028022.jpg

1000028023.jpg

1000028024.jpg

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The Send error message will have a description and a TT three digit error code. For example, "Cannot send the message" (TT401). Knowing the TT code will help to identify what's wrong.

Also tell us what the device is and what the Operating system version is and the Email app. Screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings are always helpful and if you'd image edit to obscure just the first part of your email address before uploading here using the picture icon above this Reply area.

Thanks.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes