cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails to Gmail

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi. I have a Tiscali email account and I have noticed recently that when I send an email to a Gmail address (via both Outlook and Webmail) it is not being received nor is it in their Spam / Trash bins. I receive Gmail emails ok but when I reply that again is not being received. Any ideas what is causing / how to resolve this ? Many thanks.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 15

Thanks - keep "chasing" them !

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I've been told that we've had a ticket open with gmail for a month. They chased it a week ago and they've as yet had no response from Gmail. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

Many thanks Ady.

Message 4 of 15

I've chased this up with our email managers. I'll post when I hear back.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Johnian
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

I think my experiment described in my post yesterday demonstrates that it is the Tiscali server that GMail doesn't like. It is surely Talk Talk's duty on behalf of its customers to take this up with Google/Gmail and get it resolved.

RonWest
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

You are not alone and I wish you better luck than I had on getting a fix. TalkTalk are now closing the "fault" I logged as "resolved" but they have not fixed the gmail rejection/spam issue. They insist that it is a google problem which google deny. They have at least condescended to keep my complaint open (for now). To date I have amassed 47 pages 24447 words of fruitless chat and I remain unhappy with the way that TalkTalk close faults as "fixed" when they are not fixed. 

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

I spoke too soon ! Another of my emails sent to a Gmail addrress has not been received and is definitely not "in" their Spam Box !

0 Likes

Johnian
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

There is definitely a Tiscali problem. Like RonWest I have experienced it for some time. I have set up my own domain with an email account hosted by Zoho. Today I sent two emails to a third-party GMail account, one from my Tiscali account, the other from my Zoho account. Both had the same content and were sent from the same desktop PC via my Talk Talk router (therefore the same IP address). The one from Zoho went to the Inbox as expected, the one from Tiscali went to Spam. I am giving up on Tiscali email and I am not confident that Talk Talk will be any better. I will use the Zoho account in future.

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Thanks Gondola - it's a mad world !!

Message 10 of 15

Perfect news.

Gmail have a new anti-spam policy that unfortunately has a really low threshold for spam incoming to Gmail. The result is that a lot of genuine mail is ending up in Spam folders until the recipients locate the messages and hit the Report as not spam button that tells Gmail to deliver all future mail into their Inboxes.

Good that the recipients were able to find their Spam folders... eventually!

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Problem now resolved. Both the Gmail account holders didn't actuallyknow the location of their spam boxes (on their phones) ! When I prompted them they "looked properly"and  found my emails in their spam boxes and have now marked me as a safe sender.

Why they were classed as spam I have no idea.

Some people !!

0 Likes

RonWest
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

I have had this issue since 26-02-2024. I am told it is because Tiscali had been blacklisted and that TalkTalk can do nothing about it. They now advise me to use another email domain. They suggest this be TalkTalk! I asked them what would happen if TalkTalk was then blacklisted and after a loooong pause they said TalkTalk would not be blacklisted!  Good luck on getting a fix I have tried and tried and failed.

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thanks Gondola, will do as you suggest.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

If your TalkTalk mailbox has the sent mail in the Sent folder then it's left TalkTalk on its way to Gmail. You'll need to take this up with Google / Gmail to find out why it's not being delivered and why there's no bounceback error message.

I've recently tested sending from TalkTalk to Gmail and that arrives in the personal Gmail Inbox so there's no blanket bar on accepting TalkTalk Mail messages.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution