cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 150 and VoIP

Sleesey
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Hi 

we need to switch to fibre as working from home is just not happening on snail broadband. However, we also need to be able to use VoIP and keep our landline number - we have really poor mobile phone reception, so not having VoIP is not an option when we switch to fibre. @talktalk 150 suggests that we can’t use VoIP though. Can anyone help - I’d rather not spend hours with the chat bot!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 27

@Gliwmaeden2 I am NOT looking at the "New Customer" pages, I posted what I am seeing in the upgrades page in my TT account and if you re-read my post you will see that it is Openreach that have cabled my street so there shouldn't be any issue with TT VoIP over that!

Quite frankly TT are going to lose existing customers if all they see are data only offers, there is no option on the account pages to specify that VoIP is required.

Very poor.

Message 22 of 27

Current customers always need to specifically ask for VOIP with their full fibre upgrade, so not as advertised for new customers, @martswain.

And who they team up with for the infrastructure depends on the area etc. City Fibre runs through the street outside my house, and Talktalk works with them elsewhere but not specifically here.

I should think we can't even begin to imagine the amount of admin involved in all the contracts for the infrastructure, let alone individual customer arrangements. Gargantuan. 

Can't be done all at once.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 27

My street has recently been cabled by Openreach however TT are not offering VoIP with any of their upgrade options but it seems to be available with other ISPs.

Seems a bit of an odd policy decision.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 27

Hi Sleesey,

Welcome to the Community. I can see that Keith has pointed you in the right direction but please let us know if you need any further assistance from the Community team

Chris

Sleesey
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 27

@KeithFrench That’s amazing news - thanks so much. 😀 will be on the case now to get this.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

You will need to talk to the loyalty department & ask them for full fibre 150 with Digital Voice. They can be contacted on their direct numbers 0345 1725157 or 0330 1278960.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?