cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline not working after upgrading to full fibre

theblackcat
Participant
Private Message
Message 46 of 46

Hello, I was upgraded to fibre 150 with digital voice yesterday, but my Grandstream digital voice adapter won't register my phone.

I left the digital voice adapter connected to my eero 6 all night long, but the phone indicator still doesn't light up. The other two indicators do though.

I read through the forum yesterday, so I've already tried the following...

• Setting up the device exactly as shown in the guide.
  • Turning everything off for 30 minutes.
  • Resetting the digital voice adapter via the pinhole.
  • Plugging the digital voice adapter directly into the ONT for 10-15 minutes.

Any combination of the above doesn't solve the problem.

Yesterday if I reconnected my phone to the older master socket then I was still able to make calls, but today it's totally dead. And if I call my landline from my mobile it goes straight to voicemail.

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 1 of 46

Hi Dave,

Great, thank you 🙂

Michelle

Message 2 of 46

Hi Michelle

All sorted! I got up this morning and everything is working!😊

I am very impressed with the service I received and the full fibre!

Best wishes Dave.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 46

Hi Talman,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 46

Hi I upgraded to full fibre 150 today and have the same issue! While it doesn't help solve the issue it is reassuring to know I am not the only one and I am not being dense! Hopefully it can be sorted out soon!

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 46

Hi Pedra1,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread as Gliwmaeden2 has suggested

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 46

Please start your own topic, @Pedra1.

This one is another customer's and not in the workflow any more.

You need to return to the message board for Home Phone and click on start a topic.

Staff will reply during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 46

how do I find out if a call forward has been put on my landline number.

0 Likes

Pedra1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 46

My symptoms are exactly as yours and I have tried to reset several times without any success.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 46

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Message 10 of 46

Thank you! It works perfectly now.

You should be safe to close the fault ticket that's logged to my account too, since it seems like the troubleshooting that I did helped to resolve the issue for myself and many others too.

If I experience any further issues then I'll be back. But so far calls sound decent and my phone seems to be fully compatible 🙂

0 Likes

Message 11 of 46

OK, I've removed the divert. Can you please test and let me know if calls are coming through OK

Chris

Message 12 of 46

Done. I'm just waiting on you now Chris.

I'm sorry if I did make a mistake the first time I filled it out. I think I might of been too eager and skimmed over that last question, since when I last spoke to your network teams they asked me for the second character.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 46

OK, no problem. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details then we'll remove it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 46

Yes please, since it seems like it's the only thing that's preventing me from receiving calls to that phone now.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 46

Hi theblackcat,

Apologies for the delay. If you'd still like us to remove the divert could you let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 46

Yeah, it seems like they finished before 4pm today.

I'm not in a rush and I don't trust the online chat to configure VoIP settings correctly, so I'm just going to wait until Monday.

Message 17 of 46

Staff will be back after the weekend, @theblackcat.

If it is urgent to disable call forwarding,  phone 03451 720088 by 7pm today  / 9am - 6pm Saturday, or use Chat to get it removed sooner.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 46

I connected my DVA directly to my ONT and then reset it, just to be sure it'd work. And it did! 😁

It sounds like my troubleshooting is what pointed your teams in the right direction, since the config file is being downloaded and applied now.

Could you please disable call forwarding and make sure that any VoIP related settings are enabled so that calls can get through? Thank you!

Message 19 of 46

theblackcat
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 46

Thanks Michelle! I'll report back in an hour if it's worked.

If it does work then I'll need someone to disable call forwarding, since that was temporarily enabled by your network team on Monday so that calls to my landline are forwarded to a household members mobile. And that also stopped the digital voice app from working correctly, since it doesn't receive calls or 1471 updates.

0 Likes