cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 124 of 124

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
123 REPLIES 123

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 124

Which is also why both I and @ferguson asked you for your TV details very early on.

And as I mentioned UHD is playable via my LG 4k TV but not my HD Samsung TV.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 62 of 124

Hi

The Hubs are certified and do play UHD content.  I have one here that plays UHD content from Iplayer on my LG TV.

I've dealt with another customer in the past that had a couple of TV's.

IPlayer would play UHD content on one model, but not the other, so clearly an issue between the TV and the box.

This is one of the reasons I ask for the TV model for testing.  I also advise customers to test their box on another TV to verify this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 63 of 124

Hi 

I got a reply from The BBC Iplayer team and they are saying the TV Hub needs to be certified in order for the Iplayer to play UHD content

0 Likes

Message 64 of 124

Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 65 of 124

Hi

I've passed this into to our devices Team.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 66 of 124

Here is the requested information

youview, version

Version 2024-01-10-0a212a0d12-tta

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 67 of 124

Hi

They have asked if you can confirm the CL (custom launcher) version for youview.

Go to: Settings / Apps / See all apps / Show system apps / System apps > Scroll to bottom to click on YouView (alphabetically)

How to check the CL version within app?

Highlight the text box and click ok; then version displays on the Right-Hand Side (RHS)

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 68 of 124

Hi

I'll see what the device manager says.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 69 of 124

I am really not comfortable in sending My google Id I used to setup the box

I can give the serial number

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 70 of 124

Hi

If you can drop me a PM with your google ID, the devices team can look at the device specifically and track that ID for any issues or errors collected from the logs of the device.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 71 of 124

I have posted the version

I dont know why you need My Google ID I used to setup the box

0 Likes

Message 72 of 124

Why do you need My google Id 

The version is below

TTG-5.12.1-230406

0 Likes

Message 73 of 124

Hi

Ok,  if you can let me know the box version as in the post above, and PM the details of your google ID , I can pass this along.  I am speaking with our devices team directly and they are asking for this info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 74 of 124

The BBC Iplayer app is built in and is not available in the app store 

It is running the latest software and no software update is available

0 Likes

Message 75 of 124

Hi

Also, check BBC Iplayer is updated to the latest version :

Home Screen,

Apps (All Apps),

Google Play Store,

Scroll up to Apps,

Manage apps and games,

Updates,

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 76 of 124

Hi

Can you confirm the software version of the TV Hub you have - 

Home Button > Settings Cog > Device Preferences > About > Release

Should look something like TTG-5.12.1 etc.

Also drop me a PM (Personal Message) to confirm your Google ID you used when setting up the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 77 of 124

Thanks Karl

Please do escalate this and I am sure this  will be fixed 

Please keep us updated

Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 78 of 124

Hi

So this would show that the TV Hub is outputting content in UHD and the issue does lie within the IPlayer App not identifying the TV or device it is connected to correctly, so this does look like an app issue specifically, however I will need the device details to pass across to our Teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 79 of 124

As I mentioned yesterday 

Yes Youtube 4K and UHD works perfectly 

0 Likes

Message 80 of 124

Hi

Also, just another question, if you search YouTube for UHD Videos, do these play ok?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes