cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet or telephone connection available.

Peckish
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello all.

I went Overseas in June 2023 and before departing all non essential power in the house was switched off which included the Router. I returned today for the first time only to discover that on powering up the Router both the Broadband and Internet lamps failed to illuminate.  To confirm that I don't actually have a Broadband connection I logged into the Router and the DSL synchronization status shows  'No Signal' and the WAN Ip address shows 'None'.  Also, in the 'Line Quality' section everything reports as '0' with no DSL uptime.  The home telephone line is also 'dead' meaning no inward or outward calls are possible. Nothing has changed inside the house so it would appear the the fault is external so would an Admin please convey this message to appropriate department for investigation.

Sincerely,

Peckish.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Peckish

I'm glad to hear that the fault has been fixed. This fault may have happened in error by another engineer working at the cabinet.

If the speed doesn't start to increase over the weekend then it would be worth trying a 30 minute power down of the router.

We will check in again with you on Monday to see how the connection has been over the weekend.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peckish
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hello Debbie.

Engineer has just been so Internet and Telephone back in service. Engineer discovered that my line had been disconnected at the local cabinet and reconnected to a different channel. He said that there was no record of why / when this was done so he has updated his records with the new information.

Speed is a bit slower than normal but I will wait a few days to see if this improves.

Sincerely,

Peckish.

Message 4 of 8

Hi Peckish

I can see that this fault has been assigned to a line engineer today so we should hopefully have further updates later today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi Peckish,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the fault has been raised to Openreach for investigation so we'll check again later on today to see if we've received any further updates.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Peckish
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

@Divsec 

Everything is paid via Direct Debit and always has been for years now so I can rule that out. It is not the first time that I have had problems that have needed to be investigated which always seems to be associated when the power has been off for months. Last year as an example, Openreach came and found a broken wire 'somewhere', made a repair and left. The only problem was that the original fault was still there and they had to make another visit. Once again they found another broken wire (their explanation) and left for a second time however the original fault was still there. It took three attempts in the end to make the repair. Same thing 2 years ago. As I said it only seems to happen when the house is empty for months and everything is powered down.

Sincerely,

Peckish

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Peckish can we assume you continued paying the bills whilst you were away?

Regardless your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes