cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Please turn off Wifi Optimisation

Gigabytes517
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I'm having issue with my Sagemcom Fast 5364 wifi hub, version: SG4K100174. I keep manually changing my 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi channels but after a while it randomly reverts back. The channel it reverts to is heavily congested which causes my wifi devices have a weak wifi signal.

Needing to constantly change the wifi channel is annoying so I've spoke to TalkTalk support on live chat who have asked me to factory reset my wifi hub but I'm still having issues.

Looking at the forum, it looks like I might need TalkTalk forum support to disable wifi optimisation for my account.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Gigabytes517

Our faults escalations team are now investigating this issue and they may contact you directly to discuss this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Gigabytes517

Thanks for your reply.

I have asked our Devices Team to take a look at this for you and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gigabytes517
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk, since restarting my wifi my 5ghz channel has remained on the channel I selected, my 2.4ghz channel reverted back channel 1 which is heavily congested so I changed it a more quiet channel just now. I will report back it if either of channels randomly change.

Please can you confirm that Wifi Optimisation has been turned off on my account?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gigabytes517

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you reboot the router and the retest again?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Staff will sort this after the weekend, @Gigabytes517.

Make sure that you have left the router switched on for when they come in, early Monday morning. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes