cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Requesting new router

NatHarry
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

We’ve been advised from a recent engineer visit to request a new router as ours was purchased in 2020. We've had drops in connection and more recently, despite download speed showing as ok, the actual download comes out very slow. Please can we have an updated router? Thanks @@Debbie-talktalk 

26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

Hi NatHarry,

Line test isn't showing any disconnections today, did you notice if the light changed on the router when the connection dropped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Hi Michelle,

We don’t have access to the voice service.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line please?

Michelle

0 Likes

NatHarry
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 27

Hi Debbie,

The router arrived really quickly! We tested and there seemed to be less connection drops in the beginning but the download issue stayed the same.

I used TalkTalk’s connection test which prompted another engineer visit, as the problem was said to be between the exchange and our home.

The engineer swapped out the wires and power cable. Once he had worked on the router, the download/upload speeds more than doubled, but this morning the connection has dropped three times following the “resolved” email. Is there any way this can be double checked?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 27
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 27

Hi NatHarry

Thank you for creating a new topic. I've ordered the replacement router for you, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once you have received and tested with the new router.

Debbie

0 Likes